Your Recovery Pillow will cool and soothe you where it hurts. It will calm your aches and pains. It eases inflammation, swelling, arthritis, tendonitis, wrist pain, heat exhaustion, hot flashes, injuries, and recovery from surgery. Seal the pillow in a Ziplock bag and store in the freezer for a few hours or overnight. Then remove the pillow from the plastic bag and put it on your body, right where it hurts. Stays cold for 30 minutes or more.
The Benefits of Using the Recovery Pillow
- Hot or Cold: Your Recovery Pillow can be used hot or cold–it can be reheated or refrigerated over and over again.
- Pain Relief: Get relief from headaches, backaches, isolated pains, chronic pain, menstrual cramps, swollen joints, sore muscles, arthritis, fibromyalgia, chills from chemotherapy, sprains and strains.
- Comfort: Heat or cool for immediate cozy warmth or comforting coolness. Use at night to relax and fall asleep with ease.
- Cold Compress: Use in place of uncomfortable ice packs and frozen peas. The Recovery Pillow is just the right temperature to put directly onto your skin–it won’t sting or stick to you. And the cotton is soft and flexible.
- Lavender Scented: this fragrant herb is known to be calming and comforting, and to relieve stress, headache, and migraine. Also, lavender commonly used to reduce anxiety, depression, mental exhaustion, and insomnia just to name a few.
- Weighted Pillow: Studies have shown that deep pressure touch from a weighted pillow releases serotonin, nature’s “feel-good” hormone. Depression, anxiety, aggression, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and Bipolar Disorder all have a common link: low serotonin levels. The soft pressure from a weighted pillow signals the brain to release serotonin, which naturally calms and relaxes the body, promoting sound sleep and stress relief. Deep pressure touch has been used successfully to calm both children and adults with Sensory Integration Disorder (SID), autism, Rett Syndrome, Asperger’s Syndrome, ADHD (Attention-deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), PTSD and Restless Leg Syndrome.
100% Recyclable! The Ultimate Eco-friendly Green Product
When you've reached the lifespan of your Recovery Pillow, simply cut open the fabric bottom and place the rice contents in the compost or Green Bin. The 100% cotton fabric will decompose when disposed of in your normal trash bin. And the ziplock bag itself is reusable and recyclable. Feel good about purchasing or gifting a Recovery Pillow because it is 100% recyclable and the carbon foot print use to hand make this product is minimal, especially when compared to the electric heating pad. In fact, our goal is to replace the plastic, wired heating pad that is made out of the USA with our Recovery Pillow which is made right here in California. In a small way, we help to bring manufacturing back to the USA by creating home-based jobs here in Santa Cruz County.